Today I thought of sharing little information on the integration between ServiceNow and System Center using kelverion.
Note: You have to buy KELVERION license to implement this. To know more about pricing please contact KELVERION.
THE SERVICENOW INTEGRATION DELIVERS THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
- Insert Record – activity dynamically creates new ServiceNow records using standard or customized ServiceNow forms
- Get Record – activity returns records meeting specific filter conditions
- Update Record – activity updates specific records
- Delete Record – activity deletes specific records
- Monitor Record – monitor for new or updated ServiceNow records
- Upload Attachment – activity uploads attachment to ServiceNow record
- Download Attachment – activity downloads attachment from ServiceNow record
- Import Set – activity inserts a record into a ServiceNow import set table
- Run Query – retrieves records from a ServiceNow table using a ServiceNow encoded query string
- Run Scripted Web Service – runs a ServiceNow scripted web service (Only in SOAP IP)
- Get Count – returns the number of records meeting specific filter conditions (Only in the REST IP)Request overview diagram :Technical specification:System RequirementsThe Integration Pack for ServiceNow requires the following software to be installed and configured before you deploy the integration. For more information about how to install and configure the Orchestrator, see the respective documentation.
DependenciesThe Kelverion Integration Pack for ServiceNow uses DotNetZip, which is an open source code library used to manipulate zip files. The DotNetZip code library is distributed under the Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL) which is outlined in full at %COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Extensions\Support\Integration Toolkit\F5243EFD-AA78-4E3E-87A8-85A240467800\DotNetZip.rtf.Registering and Deploying the Integration PackAfter you download the integration pack, you register the integration pack file with the Orchestrator management server, and then deploy it to runbook servers and computers that have the Runbook Designer installed.To register the integration pack:
- Microsoft System Center Orchestrator *
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- ServiceNow Madrid or London
To deploy the integration pack:In the navigation pane of the Deployment Manager, right-click Integration Packs, click Deploy IP to Runbook Server or Runbook Designer.
- On the management server, copy the .OIP file for the integration pack to a local hard drive or network share.
- Confirm that the file is not set to Read Only to prevent unregistering the integration pack at a later date.
- Start the Deployment Manager.
- In the navigation pane of the Deployment Manager, expand Orchestrator Management Server, right-click Integration Packs to select Register IP with the Orchestrator Management Server. The Integration Pack Registration Wizard
- Click Next.
- In the Select Integration Packs or Hotfixes dialog box, click Add.
- Locate the .OIP file that you copied locally from step 1, click Open and then click Next.
- In the Completing the Integration Pack Wizard dialog box, click Finish.
- On the End User Agreement dialog box, read the Kelverion License Terms, and then click Accept.
- The Log Entries pane displays a confirmation message when the integration pack is successfully registered.
- Select the integration pack the you want to deploy, and then click Next.
- Enter the name of the runbook server or computers with the Runbook Designer installed, on which you want to deploy the integration pack, click Add, and then click Next.
- Continue to add additional runbook servers and computers running the Runbook Designer, on which you want to deploy the integration pack. Click Next.
- In the Installation Options dialog box, configure the following settings.
- To choose a time to deploy the integration pack, select the Schedule installation check box, and then select the time and date from the Perform installation
- Click one of the following:
- Stop all running runbooks before installing the integration pack to stop all running runbooks before deploying the integration pack.
- Install the Integration Packs without stopping the running Runbooks to install the integration pack without stopping any running runbooks.
- Click Next.
- In the Completing Integration Pack Deployment Wizard dialog box, Click Finish.
- When the integration pack is deployed, the Log Entries pane displays a confirmation message.
Post a Comment