Plugins and Installation:
New York is the earliest version that supports IDR. The IDR plugin ID is com.glide.idr. When purchasing an IDR subscription, ServiceNow personnel also activate the following plugins that IDR depends upon:
To purchase a subscription, contact your ServiceNow account manager. The account manager can arrange to have the plugin activated on your organization's production and sub production instances, generally within a few days.
- Navigate to System Applications > All Available Applications > All.
- On the All Applications page, click Request Plugin to open the Request form on HI
Instance Data Replication:
Instance Data Replication (IDR) copies data updates from one instance to one or more other instances. IDR enables you to maintain consistent data across different organizations in your company.
· Data is automatically replicated to one or more other instances.
· Data can be modified and mapped to any table column on other instances.
· Data that is updated on consumer instances can be replicated to the producer instance
· Business rules can trigger post-replication workflows, such as generating notifications or validating the replication
Maintaining data consistency across instance via we service can be cumbersome.
• Create integration via REST / SOAP
• Setup polling period and delta
• Define behavior for different data set.
• Monitor performance and address failure.
IDR remove that overhead with fully integrated platform option for instance-instance data syncing that is:
How IDR is different?
It uses the concept of producer replication set and consumer replication sets
By configuring a producer replication set, you can specify the tables and table columns on the producer instance to replicate.
• Dedicated message bus
• Handles large data set
• Preserver orders
• Performance monitoring
• One to many , bi-directional replication
Limitation: When not to use IDR:
· Need to move very large data set
o Its not a replacement of cloning; Seeding limit is 3M records.
· Need to move metadata & Encrypted Data.
o Configuration, settings, etc. are not included with replicated data set.
o Encrypted data cannot be replicated.
· Need to replicate data outside of ServiceNow.
o Does not support integration or data export use cases.
· Need to replicate data from below tables; Excluded tables:
o Tables with the prefixes V_PREFIX, SYSX_, sys, ts_, ua_, usageanalytics_, wf_, ecc_, clone_, jrobin_, rrd_, imp_, pf_, pfd_, idr_sys_domain is an exception.
o Rotated tables, including syslog, sys_querystat, ecc_queue, ecc_event, cmdb_metric, sysevent
o Tables without a sys_id
Simple Configuration Process
Step by Step Configuration:
Use Case: Incident data replication
As IDR follow the concept of Producer and consumer replication set, we require two ServiceNow instance (Instance A and Instance B).
Instance A – Producer Instance
Instance B – Consumer Instance
Note: For this use I will be using Instance A and Instance B instead of producer and consumer instance
1. Create “Producer Replication Set” in instance A
2. Click New
3. Fill the form
5. Open the same record
Your record should look like below
6. Click new on “Outbound Entries”, Select incident table and pass all the fields from left to right in selected bucket: See below for reference
8. Click “Activate” button to activate the producer set.
Your form should look like below
9. Create “Consumer Replication Set” in instance B
10. Click New
11. Fill the form
a. Producer Instance URL: Copy “Instance A” URL and paste it here
b. Producer Replication Set Name: Copy it from “Instance A” and past here
12. Save it
13. It will send and approval to producer instance.
14. Now go to “Instance A”
15. Open “IDR-Incident-Demo” record under Producer Replication Set.
16. Go to related lit and see; You should be having one record under “Consumer Subscription” to approve the data replication from consumer side. See Below
17. Open the record and approve it. You will see an popup, Select “Yes”
18. Go to “Instance B”
19. Refresh you consumer replication set. You should the form like below
20. Click Activate. You should see “Seed” button enabled. Select the record and click Seed
21. Wait while seeding is starting
22. Wait until the seeding is complete.
23. Once seeding is completed you should have all your incident from Instance A to Instance B.
All the best!!
Post a Comment