This course is designed for IT Operations Managers, ServiceNow administrators, and consultants who need to implement, configure, and administer ServiceNow Service Mapping.
· Certified ServiceNow System Administrator preferred
· Experience configuring monitoring and discovery tools and working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows servers is highly recommended
· A fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, IP networks, subnetting, and network devices
The ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – Service Mapping exam certifies that a
successful candidate has the skills and essential knowledge to contribute to the configuration,
administration, implementation, and maintenance specific to the Service Mapping application
within the ServiceNow system.
ServiceNow recommends completion of the following prerequisites in preparation for the
ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – Service Mapping exam.
The ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – Service Mapping exam covers learning
domains that span several ServiceNow education classes as well as topics typically encountered
during implementation projects in the field.
• Certified System Administrator Exam
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certified
Recommended Education Classes
• ServiceNow Fundamentals
• ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping Fundamentals
• ServiceNow Event Management Fundamentals
• Learning Library courses (CMDB Reconciliation, Event Management)
• Six (6) months field experience and/or participation in at least two ITOM deployments
predominantly Service Mapping
• General familiarity with industry terminology, acronyms, and initialisms
• Intermediate or above Windows and Unix administration skills
Learning Domain Percent of Exam
1. Service Mapping Pattern Design 30%
2. Service Mapping Configuration 20%
3. Discovery Configuration 15%
4. Event Management 10%
5. Configuration Management Database 15%
6. Service Mapping Engagement Readiness 10%